Hiring Center to Open for Walmart Supercenter at Vine City
Store will employ approximately 150 full- and part-time associates
The Historic Westside Village Walmart Supercenter at Vine City will offer full- and part-time jobs for qualified individuals who want to join the Walmart team. Information about pay, benefits and interview process are listed below:
• Eligible associates receive a quarterly incentive based on store performance. Associates who contribute to the 401 (k) plan will receive a dollar-for-dollar match from Walmart of up to six percent of pay.
• Benefits include a variety of health care options, and Walmart associates can receive discounts on grocery and certain other items after being employed for 90 days.
• All applications – whether submitted in person or electronically – are reviewed and pre-screened before the applicant is offered a scheduled personal interview at the hiring center.
• Applicants who are scheduled for interviews should dress appropriately and bring a resume and references. Interviews are conducted by a panel and can last up to 45 minutes.
• Adequate seating and free parking will be provided, but no accommodations are available for childcare. Wheelchair access will be available.
• Note: Hiring center will not accept applications for construction-related positions.
WHO: The new Supercenter will employ approximately 150 full- and part-time associates. Walmart will hire these individuals before the Supercenter opens in January 2013.
WHEN: The hiring center will open on October 15 and remain open until December 31 or when the last position has been filled. Hours of operation will be Monday through Friday – 8:30 am to 4:30 pm. (Dates are subject to change.)
WHERE: The hiring center is located at 825 Martin Luther King Jr. Drive, Suite B; Atlanta, Georgia 30314, adjacent to the location of the new Supercenter.
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE: WMT) serves customers and members more than 200 million times per week at more than 10,300 retail units under 69 different banners in 27 countries. With fiscal year 2012 sales of approximately $444 billion, Walmart employs more than 2 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. Additional information about Walmart can be found by visiting http://walmartstores.com, and on Facebook at http://facebook.com/walmart and on Twitter at http://twitter.com/walmart. Online merchandise sales are available at http://www.walmart.com and http://www.samsclub.com.