Atlanta police are investigating two overnight shootings in Cascade, but are unsure if they are related.
Around 1:00 am, police reponded to a home-invasion call in the 1300 block of Aniwaka Avenue. The victim, later transported to the Atlanta Medical Center, told police she was awakened by her mother screaming and male voices coming from the front of the house.
"She also stated that she heard the males make demands for money," said APD spokesman Curtis Davenport. "The victim then got her handgun, and noticed several males in her house armed with handguns removing items.
"She then confronted the armed intruders and a shootout occurred with a round striking the victim in the leg," Davenport said, who added the victim wasn't sure if she struck any of the intruders.
About an hour later, a shots-fired call came in from the area around 2050 Sylvan Road, where a Chevron station is located.
"Officers found two individuals with gunshot wounds," Davenport said. One man was reported dead on the scene. The other, according to the AJC and Channel 2, was tranported to Grady Memorial Hospital in critical condition.
The AJC is also reporting that the two shooting victims were found inside a car at the Chevron station.
See More on Patch
Most Popular articles
- Countdown to President Obama's Morehouse College Visit and Commencement Address
- Domestic Dispute Turns Deadly on Martin Luther King Dr. near Chappell Rd.
- Do You Think Councilmember Cleta Winslow Should Resign After DUI Incident?
- Large Fire at Recycling Plant Near West End Mall Now Under Control
- House Hunt: New Listings in and Around Cascade