Fulton County Voter Registration Deadline Monday
Presidential Preference Primary deadline is Feb. 6. The General Primary Election is March 6, 2012.
by Patch Staff
Fulton County residents who are not registered to vote have until the end of the business day on Monday, Feb. 6 to do so to meet the deadline for the 2012 Presidential Preference Primary.
The General Primary Election will be held on March 6.
The Fulton County Department of Registration and Elections encourages new residents to register to vote and recommends all residents ensure the information on their voter precinct cards is up-to-date.
To register to vote in Georgia, you must be a United States citizen, a legal resident of Georgia and of the county in which you wish to vote and at least 18 years of age by Election Day.
You can register to vote at:
- the Fulton County Board of Registration and Elections at 130 Peachtree Street SW, Suite 2186, Atlanta.
- the Fulton County North Annex, 7741 Roswell Road, Atlanta.
- the Fulton County South Annex, 5600 Stonewall Tell Road, College Park.
Voter registration forms are also available at the Georgia Secretary of State’s Office and all Atlanta-Fulton County Public Library branches.
You can download the voter registration form at http://www.fultoncountyga.gov/county/elections/. If you move to a new county, you will need to re-register. The same form is used for voter registration, address change and/or name change. If you are registering for the first time in Georgia, you must provide one of the following forms of identification:
- Georgia driver's license, even if it's expired
- Valid state or federal government issued photo ID or valid U.S. passport
- Valid employee photo ID from any branch, department, agency, or entity of the U.S. Government, Georgia or any county, municipality, board, authority or other entity of this state.
- Valid U.S. military photo ID or valid Tribal photo
You may not register to vote in Georgia if you are currently serving any sentence imposed by the conviction of a felony or judicially determined to be mentally incompetent. Precinct cards are mailed within two to three weeks of submitting your voter registration application. For more information on voter registration, log onto http://www.fultoncountyga.gov/county/elections/ or call 404-730-7072.