The Atlanta Public Schools board of education voted to keep Frank L. Stanton, D.H. Stanton and Towns elementary schools open during a long and often dramatic meeting Tuesday night.
Following a public comment session of more than four hours, the board accepted all of APS Superintendent Dr. Erroll Davis recommendations except for those three school closures.
The unanimoius vote came around 11:30 pm at Jackson High School, the location chosen for the meeting to allow for a larger capacity audience.
Readers, if you can't see the live blog because you're reading Patch on a smartphone or other mobile device, you can review the conversation at this RSS feed.
See More on Patch
- School's Out For Summer But Work Remains For APS BOE
- Superintendent Erroll Davis to Attend Town Hall Meeting at Washington High Tonight at 6:30p
- Photo Gallery of Indicted Cascade Area Teachers and Administrators
- More than half a Dozen Cascade Educators Indicted in APS Test Cheating Scandal
- Local Therrell High Math Teacher is a Finalist for Georgia's Teacher of the Year Award