Local SW Atlanta SAT Scores Rank Lower than Most Other Metro Atlanta Schools
Stats on SAT performance in Atlanta metro high schools has recently been released.
The Atlanta Business Chronicle released a ranking of SAT scores from 14 metro Atlanta schools. This small amount of data was provided by the Chronicle and is part of Atlanta Business Chronicle’s annual Education Guide which hits newsstands on Friday, Jan. 25.
Of the 14 schools listed, Mays High School was the top SAT scorer among all of the Atlanta Public High Schools in Southwest Atlanta with a average score of 1303. This score earned Mays High 7th place in the rankings.
The number 1 SAT school scores were from Grady High School students who earned an average score of 1508 out of a possible 2400.
The complete list is as follows:
- Henry W. Grady High School -- 1,508
- North Atlanta High School -- 1,426
- Maynard Holbrook Jackson High School -- 1,359
- Carver Early College -- 1,336
- South Atlanta School of Law and Social Justice -- 1,320
- Carver School of the Arts -- 1,306
- Benjamin E. Mays High School -- 1,303
- Carver School of Technology -- 1,236
- Carver High School of Health Sciences and Research -- 1,197
- Booker T. Washington High School -- 1,191
- Frederick Douglass High School -- 1,190
- South Atlanta School of Computer Animation and Design -- 1,164
- South Atlanta School of Health and Medical Science -- 1,162
- D.M. Therrell School of Health Science and Research -- 1,128