Cigarettes to Blame for Recent Fire at Tyler Perry Studios
A small blaze erupted at the East Point studios on Monday.
Update: The Atlanta Fire Department released a statement saying that "careless smoking" was to blame for the small fire that erupted on the roof of Tyler Perry Studios. Investigators were able to determine this on Tuesday morning, and said that there are no "pending charges criminal charges."
On Monday morning, local news helicopters videotaped firefighters battling a small blaze at Tyler Perry Studios located in the East Point/College Park area near Greenbriar Mall in southwest Atlanta.
According to 11Alive News, construction materials located on the roof of one of the buildings caught fire, "late Monday morning." No injuries were reported, and the fire department has said the blaze in under control.
The structure was undergoing roof repairs when the fire occurred. The fire was contained to the roof; no other buildings were involved. The structural integrity of the building was not compromised. - AFD
The extent of the damage from the video, does not look to be widespread nor was it as damaging as the fire that was at the same property in early May. In May, a large fire broke out which left portions of one of the Tyler Perry Studio sets completely damaged.