(1) Brandon White did not know his attackers.
(2) Brandon White attackers testified in sworn statements to the FBI they did not know Brandon.
(3) Brandon White had never seen his attackers.
(4) Brandon White did not know and have never met his attackers to know anything about them being gay. The false rumor was is was going to “out” them. This was not possible.
(5) Brandon White did not have any pictures on his camera.
(6) Brandon White did not make any advances at the guys before or after living the store.
(7) Brandon White never had a conversation about threatening to out any of the guys.
(8) Brandon White was and never has been a male escort.
(9) This was not a gang initiation but a hate crime. They saw Brandon and attacked him because he was a gay man.
(10) LBGT/Same Gender Loving leaders across the country were divided on the incident and revictimized him all over again. These actions fed into the stereotypes because you are a LBGT there is some places you should not be and violent crimes against the LBGT community are rationalized. If a person does not have a video it will be challenging to get community support.
(11) This incident put in motion for us to develop The SpeakOut Georgia LBGT Anti-Violence Initiative. The initiative is currently developing an online reporting tool, resource network and building infrastructure to provide direct services, prevention and education. www.SpeakOutGeorgia.org