The following are 5 easy tips that women can do to help them transition to healthy natural hair that is both beautiful and manageable. Cascade Patch reader and contributor, Erica B. Richardson, offers these tips to other readers and community members in hopes that more and more women will choose natural hair styles.
Erica is the owner of Oh! My Nappy Hair Salon in downtown Atlanta and has been in the natural hair business for over 20 years. To learn more about the salon, visit their website and their Facebook page. To make an appointment, click here.
1. Begin a consistent routine of trimming hair at least every 4-6 weeks
2. Be sure to deep condition/hydrate the hair at least every 2-3weeks
3. Wear protective styles as often as possible.
4. If choosing to wear hair straight, be careful to avoid heat damage
when thermally straightening hair by using a thermal protectant i.e.
Design Essentials Silk Serum
5. Avoid breakage by improper detangling. Always carefully comb hair when dampened & from the ends upwards