Fulton County and MARTA to continue bus driver recruitment
MARTA is continuing its recruitment partnership with Fulton County. The alliance has been extended as a result of a successful Bus Driver recruitment in mid-February. MARTA wants to continue to work with the Fulton County Workforce Development Office to meet the Transit Authority’s recruitment needs through the hiring of Part-time Bus Operators. The Adamsville Workforce Development Office located at 3700 Martin Luther King Jr. Dr. SW; Atlanta, GA will continue to register qualified candidates.
Candidates will have the opportunity to speak with MARTA Human Resources personnel about the positions and the benefits package available to part-time bus operators.
Prior to attending the next recruitment/job fair, all candidates must:
1. Visit the Marta Website at WWW.ITSMARTA.COM to create their profile under careers at MARTA and apply for the Bus Operator position.
2. Applicants must notify the Adamsville Workforce Office once they have completed their profile and application by calling 404-613-6381. Applicants will receive a link to complete a mandatory Customer Service Assessment via email.
3. Only applicants that successfully pass the customer service assessment will be invited to attend the recruitment/job fair.
4. On the day of the recruitment, MARTA will conduct the final testing.
5. Interviews will be scheduled for all candidates that pass the Bus Operator test.
o A valid Georgia Class “B” CDL driver’s license or CDL permit is required.
o Candidates must provide a Passenger Endorsement. Candidates who do not have a Passenger Endorsement may visit the DMV to test for the Passenger Endorsement and they must provide proof that they passed the test.
o Candidates must be at least 21 years old.
o Candidates are required to pass all Pre-employment Screenings related to this position to include Customer Service tests and Physical Exam, which includes drug and alcohol testing.
o Excellent customer service skills are a must!
To be considered for this position, you must bring the following:
1. Valid Class “B” CDL driver’s license or CDL permit
2. An original 5-7 year Motor Vehicle Report
3. High School Diploma or Equivalent
4. Document verifying your eligibility to work in the U.S. (i.e. Birth Certificate or Social Security Card or US Passport)
5. A resume with a valid telephone number and e-mail address
Candidates who receive invitations to the Recruitment must dress in business attire only. No jeans, t-shirts or sneakers will be allowed.
For more information, contact the Adamsville Office of Workforce Development at
Citizens in need of reasonable accommodations due to a disability including communications in an alternative format should contact Nell Kapple in the Department of Housing and Human Services at (404) 613-7944. To obtain Georgia Relay Access, citizens should dial 711.