For the first time in nearly a decade, Fulton County Health Services is encouraging all residents ages six months and older to get a flu shot. That's because this year's flu season is already ramping up, especially in Georgia.
The county is offering flu shots and nasal mists for $25 at six county health centers, including the Adamsville Regional Health Center.
Visa, Mastercard, Medicaid, Cigna, United Healthcare and cash are all accepted forms of payment.
Along with the general advice to get a flu shot, people in these risk groups are highly encouraged to get one:
- Children ages six months and up
- Adults ages 50 and up
- People who have chronic medical conditions
- People in nursing homes and long-term care facilities
- Healthcare workers
- Caregivers, including day care workers
- Women who will be pregnant during flu season