The National Wildlife Federation, West Atlanta Watershed Alliance, and REI want to invite Cascade families to come to their campout on June 23, 2012. This community campout is a part of NWF's nation-wide Great American Backyard Campout. We have planned a fun introduction for families to camping and other outdoor activities. The event is free of charge and will include dinner and breakfast.
We have many fun activities planned for campers, including scavenger hunts, storytelling for children, fun and educational hikes, face painting, geo-caching, camping cooking demonstrations, and many others.
To register for the Campout at the OAC:
1) Go to www.backyardcampout.org
2) Select Sign Me Up on the right-hand side of the page
3) Select Join Existing Team
4) Search for the REI - OAC team
5) Select Join
6) Choose whether you are registering an Adult or Junior Camper and select Next Step
7) Choose whether you are a New or Returning User and select Next Step
8) If you are new, fill in your contact information
*You must register each member of your party
After you have registered, you will have the opportunity to register to borrow camping gear from REI. We have a limited supply of gear, however, and those who need it should register as soon as possible.
The Campout begins at 3:00 PM on June 23 and ends at 9:00 AM on June 24. It will be held at the OAC, which is located at 1442 Richland Road, Atlanta, GA 30310.
Any questions may be directed to email@example.com.