This is my staple supplement I take daily!
Moringa, also known as the Miracle Tree, is a multipurpose plant, as the leaves, pods, fruits, flowers, roots and even the bark of the tree can be utilized. It is also called Drumstick Tree by the Britishers, while in Philippines it is known as malunggay. The scientific name of this tree is Moringa oleifera. The specialty of this tree is that it actually bears fruits in the warm season. Moringa is a powerhouse of minerals, amino acids and antioxidants.
The leaves of this tree are said to be nutritional powerhouse. Research has proved that various parts of the moringa tree can be used to cure a minimum of 300 diseases.
- Moringa is rich in Vitamin A. It has four times more Vitamin A or beta-carotene than carrots. Hence, it is a weapon against blindness.
- It is also a rich source of Vitamin C. It contains Vitamin C seven times more than oranges.
- Normally milk is said to be a rich source of calcium but the amount of calcium present in moringa leaves is way higher than in milk. To be more precise, moringa is said to have four times more calcium than milk.
- The moringa leaves are said to contain twice the protein present in milk.
- Bananas are a rich source of potassium, but moringa leaves contain seven times more potassium than bananas.
- Along with potassium, zinc is also found in large quantities in moringa.
- If moringa leaves were to be eaten by one and all, the world will be free of anemia as it contains thrice more iron than spinach.
- With all the junk food eaten these days, many people face problems of high cholesterol. Moringa helps in balancing the cholesterol levels in the body.
- Essential amino acids are also found in moringa.
- Moringa is also said to balance sugar levels, hence it is helpful in the fight against diabetes.
- The body's natural defense mechanism increases with the consumption of moringa in the daily diet pattern. Since it is an immunity-stimulant, it is prescribed for AIDS afflicted patients. Less immunity is rampant in many provinces in Africa, especially people who do not have access to nutritious food and medicines.
- Moringa leaves can be consumed to stimulate metabolism.
- It is also said to have digestive powers.
- It is a nutrition booster and is known to promote a feeling of well-being in people.
- If you are looking for non-sugar based energy, then moringa leaves is the answer. Thus, it will also help in the weight loss process.
- The cell structure of the body is stimulated by the moringa leaves.
- It is especially useful for lactating mothers. The consumption of moringa has shown dramatic increase in the quantity of breast milk.
- It is also famous for its anti-bacterial properties.
- The paste of the moringa leaves is said to beautify the skin and is hence applied by women regularly.
- It protects the liver and kidneys.
- It can also be used as a water purifier.
- Moringa helps in faster recovery of the muscles and tissues after a strenuous workout.
- Anxiety and depression can also be countered with the use of moringa.
- People suffering from insomnia find the use of moringa beneficial for it helps in regulating sleep cycles.
- It is known to nourish the eyes, therefore, people suffering from poor eyesight should include moringa in their diet.