As MARTA says, "Drive your way to a career in transit at MARTA!"
The transportation service says it is looking for, "professional, customer-focused employees to come aboard as full-time bus operators."
Applicants who want to become part of the MARTA team must dress to impress in professional/business attire. Job-seekers should also bring the following items for an opportunity to be interviewed on-site:
- Valid Georgia Class “B” CDL driver’s license or CDL permit with Passenger Endorsement
- An original 5 to 7-year Motor Vehicle Report
- High School Diploma or Equivalent (i.e. GED)
- Documents verifying your eligibility to work in the U.S. (such as a birth certificate, Social Security card or passport)
- A resume with a valid telephone number and email address
Applicants must be at least 21 and are required to pass all pre-employment screenings related to the position, including customer service tests, and a physical exam that includes a drug and alcohol screening.
Excellent customer service skills are a must, and applicants must be able to work flexible hours to help MARTA meet its operational needs.
Pay starts at $13.68 an hour with a top rate of $19.54 an hour, and MARTA offers opportunities for advancement. For more information about the position and to create your employment application profile in advance of the job fair, please visit www.itsmarta.com/careers.aspx.