The new school year is set to start August 12, 2013 for Fulton County Public Schools and just started on Wednesday for Atlanta Public Schools. The Fulton County Department of Health and Wellness is still offering quick vaccination facilities to help vaccinate your student quickly for this school year.
Accepted Forms of Payment include: Visa and Mastercard, Cash, Medicaid, United HealthCare and CIGNA. For financial assistance, clients must present proof of income. Non-Fulton County residence will be charged the full fee for services.
Vaccinations are available at all Fulton County Health Centers on an ongoing basis.
Two of the nearby facilities are listed below:
· Adamsville Regional Health Center - (404) 613-4215
· College Park Regional Health Center - (404) 765-4155
What should parents/guardians bring to the POD?
· Your child’s immunization records.
· Children entering kindergarten and those new to Georgia: Immunization Certificate, Georgia Form 3231, and a Dental, Vision and Hearing Form 3300.
What are the required immunizations?
· Children entering kindergarten: May need a second dose of varicella (chicken pox), measles and mumps vaccines and a booster dose of DTap and IPV.
· Children entering the sixth grade: May need another dose of chicken pox vaccine if they have not had chicken pox disease and another dose of MMR (Measles, Mumps and Rubella). It is recommended that children 11-12 years of age also receive TDap, Meningitis and HPV.
· High school and college students: Meningitis vaccine that prevents meningococcal disease.