Georgia summers are the perfect time to get outside with friends and family to enjoy picnics, cookouts, and the outdoors, but because of those little flying bugs who feed on our blood, often times we are sprayed from head to toe in repellant.
Here is a quick list, first seen on 11Alive.com, of the Top 5 things that make you a mosquito magnet.
1) Beer/alcohol - Mosquitoes can smell the ethanol releasing from your skin pores.
2) Mosquitos can detect increased levels of acid in a body. Those who workout and exercise while outside will attract more stingers.
3) According to this report, "pregnant women have higher body heat and they exhale 21 percent more carbon dioxide."
4) Blood type plays a role...Type O blood owners are twice as likely to be bit than Type A. Type B is in the middle of the two.
5) Check what color you are wearing. White attracts far less than dark colors and blue and reds.
Good Luck on not getting bit, and especially take good care of the children and senior citizens whom are both more vulnerable to side effects from mosquito bites.