Afro Centric Network
The refreshing scent of body oils and soaps greet you as you enter this African diaspora of clothes, art and accessories in the West End off Lee Street. True to its name, dresses, skirts and men's wear, mostly handmade and solely from African designers such as Charisma, Nak Nak and Eva Yoyo Wear, drapes the walls, hangs off racks and flutters on hangars outside of the store's windows. African fabrics, black soaps and shea butter lines the shelves and African masks, statues and artwork decorates the walls. For 16 years, the store has supplied its customers in the West End and surrounding areas with these African designs and artwork as well as movies, cosmetics and black soaps.
- Hours: Mon - Sat, 10am - 7pm; Sun, closed
- Handicap Accessible: No
- Founding Date: 1994
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Debit Card, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Products: Dresses, skirts, blouses, men's wear, accessories, African masks, statues, drums, artwork, shea butter, black soaps, African fabrics, movies, stationery, incense, body oils, cosmetics Hair and Skin Care Products
- Services: Gift certificates
- Return policy: No cash refunds, only exchanges
- ATM: No
- Parking: Free lot
- Private events: No
- What makes this community special?: The customers are always faithful. Even if the store is closed, they will wait and come back when we are open, the manager says.
- What's a fashion tip that never goes out of style?: African print, pants, jackets and accessories never goes out of style.
- Clothing and accessories brands: Kris Wear, Charisma, Yvonne Designs, Nak Nak, Ali Designs, Eva Yoyo Wear
- Original design / hand-made?: Yes
- Part of a chain: No
- Number of changing rooms: 3
- Tailoring: No