Ben Hill Park
There is always something to do at the Ben Hill Park and Recreation Center, located on Fairburn Road, just south of Campbellton Road.
Known as "The Home of the Tigers," the park features one of a handful of covered outdoor basketball courts in the city -- ideal for play on rainy days. In addition to the basketball court, the park features a pavilion, playground, two tennis courts and three ball fields.
The recreation center houses a gymnasium, kitchen, game room, dance studio, weight room, computer lab, conference rooms and locker rooms. The site offers classes and activities for all ages, including dance, bridge, computer basics and karate (see recent flyer PDF posted on this page).
Ben Hill is maintained by the city's Department of Parks, Recreation and Cultural Affairs. For park reservations, please call 404-546-6757. As with all city parks, Ben Hill is governed by the city's Office of Parks official Park Use Rules and Guidelines.
- Fax: 404-346-5903
- Hours: Park: Daily, Dawn to 11pm. Recreation Center: Mon - Thu, 12:30pm - 9 pm; Fri, 2:30pm - 8:30 pm; Sat, Sun, 10am - 4 pm.
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Parking: Free lot
- Public restrooms: Yes
- Features: Athletic fields, Benches, Grills, Picnic pavilions, Picnic tables, Playgrounds
- Services: Lockers, Restrooms, Showers
- Permit requirements: Permits required for alcoholic beverages, food sales, amplified music and equipment requiring generators
- Restrictions: No alcohol, No fires
- Area: 13.66 acres
- Features: Jungle gym, Slides, Swings
- Facilities (playgrounds): Benches, Restrooms, Tables
- Features: Basketball courts, Computer room, Fitness center, Game room, Tennis courts
- Sports played: Baseball
- Facilities: Baseball/softball fields, Basketball courts, Gym, Gymnastic facilities, Squash courts, Tennis courts
- Facility types: Indoor, Outdoor
- Features: Game room, Picnic areas, Showers
- Restrictions: No alcohol
- Services: Classes
- Classes/programs: Aerobics, Martial arts, Weight loss