Darnell Senior Center
The Harriett G. Darnell Multi-Purpose Facility Services is dedicated to senior services on the city's southwest side.
According to the center's Web site, programming "is designed to achieve a high level engagement with life, low risk of disease and high physical, social and emotional function levels."
The center includes a fully-equipped fitness center, a 350-seat auditorium and cafeteria, a heated pool, library, conference rooms, gardens, walking trails, computer lab and learning center.
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 8:30am - 5pm.
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- What makes this community special?: The parking lot is always filled at the Darnell Center, where seniors come together to enjoy good times and fellowship.
- Services: Weekday breakfast and lunch; beauty salon; free blood pressure check; nail salon; massage therapy; Families United Grandparents Support Group; Healthy Aging Program; AARP 55 Alive Driving Class.
- Parking: Free lot
- Public restrooms: Yes
- Appointments: Walk-in accepted
- Affiliations: Fulton County
- Discounts: Senior
- Scenic views: Yes
- Features: Banquet room, Computer room, Fitness center, Game room, Library, Pool
- Features: Swimming pool
- Services: Classes, Fitness assessment