Discovery Tutorial Services
After twenty years of helping students succeed, Discovery Tutorial Services founder Pam Dowell is proud of the good fight she fought to be the first establishment in Georgia to add ‘Tutorial Services’ to the educational registry. Discovery Tutorial After-School Program has a computer lab for research, offers homework assistance, and help to improve test-taking strategies for the ITBS, CRCT, and GKAP. The school has offers transportation/pick-up only service, healthy after school snacks and a Summer Camp Program.
- Hours: Mon - Fri; 2pm - 7pm; Summer, 7am - 7pm; Sat, Sun, closed
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Founding Date: Since 1990
- Number of students: 40
- Public/Private: Private
- Financial aid: Yes
- Acceptance rate (%): 100
- Accreditation/licenses: Yes
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 4
- How engaged is the school with the community?: Discovery Tutorial assist in clothes and toy drives for the needy in the community, and by helping to feed the hungry during the holidays.
- What makes this community special?: This is the community the founder calls home, that is what makes it great.
- Level: Elementary school, High school, Middle school
- Subjects: Biology, Chemistry, Computers, English, Foreign languages, General science, History, Mathematics, Physics
- Payments accepted: MasterCard, Personal Check, Visa