House fire just after midnight Monday morning, destroys home but leaves residents unhurt.
Monday, February 4, 2013
Friday, May 25, 2012
Candles probably to blame for overnight fire
A family of 7 lost everything in a fire that destroyed their home late Thursday night. A Grandmother and 5 children escaped the fire after the children's mother left the house to supposedly charge her phone. According to news reports, "they had been using candles at the Cascade Road home since Georgia Power disconnected their electricity Thursday morning." Candles are thought to be the cause of the fire at the 700 block Cascade Ave. home. Cascade Patch will have pictures from the scene this morning.