Thursday, December 22, 2011
The long week is over and the Christmas weekend is almost here, No plans for the family? Not to worry, Cascade Patch has you covered.
1) Jazz before Christmas: When/Where: Landon’s Restaurant and Bar; 3752 Cascade Road, suite 100; Friday 8 p.m. to 11 p.m. The Event: It’s the Friday before Christmas Sunday, so celebrate with the friendly and wonderful staff of Landon’s and enjoy a winter night event featuring vocalist Robin Latimore. After work and before you leave, get lost in the atmosphere created by the vocalist jazzy mellow sound, while sipping on select wines and other spirits, nibbling on appetizers and/or enjoying a great American cuisine. Enjoy the patio scene where you can be in a more intimate setting with Ms. Latimore or relax in the restaurant/bar area and enjoy her music from afar. You don’t have to wait until one of her two shows to enjoy the Landon’s …
Thursday, October 20, 2011
The long week is over and the weekend is almost here, No plans? Not to worry, Cascade Patch has you covered.
- LOCAL CONNECTIONS
- David Good
Thursday, October 20, 2011
1) Ladies Night Out: Where/when: J.R. Crickets Lounge, 2348 Cascade Road; Saturday 9pm—3am. The Event: Cricket Lounge presents a Ladies Night Out event this Saturday night. Ladies it’s all about you so come on out to the Lounge on Cascade and enjoy live music from 9-12. Then, on to hype the crowd with his mixing styles is DJ Hustleman. So ladies, bring that sexy back and enjoy food and drink specialties while relaxing at southwest Atlanta’s premiere lounge spot. Gentlemen, they didn’t leave you out; come ready to impress these beautiful and sophisticated ladies. Come early if you want to catch a college game or two and then be ready, cause it’s Ladies Night. Please visit www.jrcricketslounge.com or call (404) 752-6224 for more information…
Thursday, July 14, 2011
It’s National Black Arts Festival time and you want to check out some of the events. No worries, Cascade Patch has you covered.
1) NBAF @ Centennial Olympic Park: Where/When: Centennial Olympic Park, 285 Andrew Young International Blvd.; Friday – Sunday, 5pm -9pm The Event: The 2011 National Black Arts Festival welcomes you to Summer Fest 201 to the Centennial Olympic Park: Main Stage. Here you will enjoy musical sounds ranging from blues to jazz mix with gospel and other world music. So bring your blankets, lounge chairs and coolers to the park and jam to artist like the Orquestra Macuba, Kathleen Bertrand, Omar Sosa and many others. Also there will be a tribute to the late great Gill Scott-Herron on Sunday at 1:45 pm. While listening to sounds and enjoying the downtown Atlanta atmosphere, check out what the vendors and the artist have to offer you. Please visit…
Thursday, June 30, 2011
It’s Independence Day weekend, full of cookouts, family reunions and fireworks, but if you are looking for more, Cascade Patch has you covered.
1) HipHop Happy Hour @ the Lounge Where/when: J.R. Crickets Lounge, 2348 Cascade Road; Friday 4pm -7pm. The Event: Come out to the Lounge this Friday after work and enjoy Hip Hop Happy Hour then starting at 8 get up and jam to the beats of DJ Talib. After a long day at work come out and enjoy food and drink specialties, especially the $5 drink specials while enjoying the mix of professionals, executives and local patrons. Please visit www.jrcricketslounge.com or call 4047526224 for more information on the specials. Pricing: Free to enter and check the website for the menu prices. 2) Kids Acting Out Loud in GA (KAOLGA) Where/When: Adamsville Recreation Center; 3201 MLK, Jr., Drive; Saturday 12-4 The Event: Every Saturday from this …
Monday, June 20, 2011
5th CD by internationally-acclaimed vocalist and southwest Atlanta resident released earlier this month. The album, “Katharsis,” will be available tonight.
It's been nearly five years since Kathleen Bertrand's last CD and the wait has been well worth it. One of Atlanta's favorite singers, Bertrand recently performed selections from her new CD “Katharsis” with her band before a packed house in the lobby bar of the Loew's Hotel in Midtown. Cascade Patch caught up with Bertrand, a longtime southwest Atlanta resident, following her taping on the new entertainment TV show “The Chatroom” (Sundays, 11:30 a.m. WXIA-TV Ch. 11). The Chatroom co-host and executive producer Shaunya Chavis-Rucker and Bertrand used to be choir mates at Cascade United Methodist Church on Cascade Road in southwest Atlanta. “I stood right next to her in the choir and she is so good that being next to her made me a better …
Friday, May 27, 2011
It's Memorial Day Weekend. Of course, there's the Atlanta Jazz Festival but we've rounded up other great activities for southwest Atlantans this weekend.
1) Old Sckool @ Pearl Bistro: Where/when: The Pearl Bistro and Bar, 2841 Greenbriar Parkway, 5 pm to 3 am The Event: Old Sckool Saturdays at the Pearl of Southwest Atlanta. Come and feel the exciting atmosphere of the Pearl Bistro and Bar as DJ Derek Harper from Majic 107.5 mix it up Old School. Here you can dine on seafood and American cuisine, be entertained, socialize and watch videos or sport (NBA Playoffs) on jumbo TVs. If you like to party and just hang out, love good food or have a nice drink or just like having fun, the Pearl is the place to be. Price: Free before 10pm. $15 thereafter. 2) Legacy of Evelyn Frazier: Where/When: Auburn Avenue Research Library, 1st floor, 101 Auburn Ave., Friday & Saturday, Noon to 6 p.m. and Sunday 2…
Thursday, May 5, 2011
The long week is almost over! No plans? Not to worry, Cascade Patch has you covered.
1) Sweet Auburn Festival Where/when: Sweet Auburn Historic District; Saturday 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Sunday 2 p.m. to 9 p.m. The Event: Spring is in the air and it’s time for the “Grandest festival of the year on the grandest street on the planet.” Mother’s Day weekend brings the 27th annual Sweet Auburn Spring Festival which recognizes and celebrates Sweet Auburn Avenue District and its rich black history. The festival is produced by the Spirit of Sweet Auburn to support the branding, business development and marketing of the district. Events besides the sweet auburn experience and entertainment will be: Atrium’s Artist Market, Business and Tech Expo, outdoor health and fitness fair; Active senior’s Pavilion, Sports zone, Literary Market …
Thursday, March 10, 2011
Patch offers a variety of choices for your weekend activities.
The weekend is almost here, and you maybe wondering what to do. Cascade Patch feels your pain and wants to fill up your weekend with wonderful activites. There is something going on for everyone, so look down at the list below and see what tweaks your interest. 1. Sensational Sounds of Jazz and R&B: Where/When: Landon’s Restaurant & Bar, 3752 Cascade Rd., Suite 100, Friday and Saturday, 8 p.m. to 11 p.m. The Event: Every Friday and Saturday, they jazz it up in an enclosed patio. You can enjoy a night of Jazz in an elegant, yet relaxing atmosphere, though they receive walk-ins, it is better to call and reserve at 404-472-2424 Pricing: $5 2. Just Keep it Clean Talent Competition: Where/When: Greenbriar Mall, 2841 Greenbriar Pkwy., Saturday…